Two weeks for my review form to arrive! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Two weeks for my review form to arrive!

astressedlady
astressedlady Community member Posts: 12 Listener
So having read that I would have a month to complete and return my pip review form I've just received mine on a Saturday. 

It's dated the 18th of November so it's taken a full two weeks to arrive. Is this a joke?

I of course still only have 2  weeks to return it which means to make sure it gets back I have to post it by say December 11th giving it 4 working days to get back to them.

This means the 4 weeks to fill in and return it is actually only 8 days in my case.

Well played dwp. Way to make sure the maximum number of people fail to return their paperwork in time.

I can't ask for an extension as I can't make phone calls.

Bad timing of reality means I currently have a chest infection and can't get out of bed, read for more than a few minuets before getting a horrendous headache or makes much sense of reality. 
It's just taken me 20 minutes to write this.

They really are trying to make us fail.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,172 Disability Gamechanger
    Do you have someone that can ring PIP to ask for extra time to return it? They will give an extra 2 weeks.

If you received a text to tell you that your review was starting and to expect the forms in the next 2 weeks, you could have started to gather evidence and write notes so you were prepared for when you received the forms.

It’s not unusual for post to take up to a couple weeks to receive it from DWP, which is why they now send texts to warn you about your review starting. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • astressedlady
    astressedlady Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Thank you for the explanation.

If only the texts warned us all your time starts from this text.

I'm also not sure how we are supposed to gather evidence or write notes for  questions we have not been asked yet. 

We can't possibly be expected to guess what will be asked.

It's messed up.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,285 Disability Gamechanger
    I think the best you can do as is poppy suggest and get someone to phone them and ask for an extension which they usually allow.
    Good luck
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.