Hi, my name is debs53! LCWRA and SSP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is debs53! LCWRA and SSP

debs53 Community member Posts: 15 Listener
edited December 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
I need a little advice. I'm on ssp have been since 6/8/23 uc had me fill in a uc50 and have an assessment for lcwra. I received notification that I'd been granted lcwra. Its been 4weeks since my 3.onth waiting period do I get any payments for lcwra besides my uc and ssp? As my award is in today and the only difference is that they haven't taken as much of ssp into account (work element)
Thank you


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,149 Disability Gamechanger
    There’s a full 3 months assessment period waiting time for the LCWRA element. It’s then paid from the 4th month after you reported your health condition, providing you sent a fit note within 7 days of that. Payment is then made at the end of that 4th month. It’s not paid at all during the waiting period.

    When it’s paid from will depend on the answer to the following questions.

    What date exactly did you report your health condition/ provide your first fit note?

    What date do you receive your money each month? 

    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.