My 1 year journey with PIP to be awarded — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My 1 year journey with PIP to be awarded

user33
user33 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi guys
I am sure the most people know almost everything about matter but I wanna write about my PIP short story.
I am from south London. Applied Dec 2022 to get in March 0 points.My MR again 0 points in June. And finally Tribunal end of November to get 8 points and 0 mobility so I get for what I applied 1 year ago.My condition is going down every month and they could give more points for enhanced even. In my point because I still working they gave me minimum. But I am very grateful for what I get. Judge and two doctors were really very respectful and of course no one from dwp was present as they knew what will happened and was their 0 points is really worth.
I was taken from this forum a lot of information and I am grateful also you all.
Be strong people!!!!! God bless you!!!!!

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,229 Disability Gamechanger
    That’s great news. I also noted that you said your conditions have got worse but the Tribunal would not take into consideration any worsening of condition since the assessment took place. 

It can now take up to 8 weeks to pay what is owed and put your award into payment. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • user33
    user33 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    They told me on tribunal time: they will assess Sep2022-Sep2023. Not only moment my assessment by dwp. I am thinking because I have few condition and I am still during treatment. They know also I will have in the next few years 2 surgeries or even more. I do not know exactly why they said this. They looks smart and their way of thinking look also smart.
    3 days after Tribunal I got letter with their decision. Now is 10 days after and no one contact with me from dwp but its not a problem.
  • MW123
    MW123 Scope Member Posts: 360 Pioneering
    @user33

That is very good news.  I am really pleased for you thank you for sharing.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.