If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi

Options
gigi2023
gigi2023 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
Hi not been on a while. Feeling very low and depressed wanted to stay in bed all day. Hasn't helped got a call from doctors my diabetis medicine isn't working so I've got to start insulin. Im also feeling sorry for myself that I've not achieved much this year apart from hiding away at home.. 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,801 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @gigi2023 hi and welcome back, sorry to hear things haven't been going too well for you, try and focus if you can on any positives, do you have any plans for Christmas?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 21,775 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @gigi2023 I am sorry you are having such a difficult time at the moment. Look at the small things you might have achieved this year. Like getting up for an hour, or making yourself a cup of tea/coffee. Perhaps at the end of each day think of a small task you could do the next day and if you do take that as a great achievement. We are sometimes too hard on ourselves. Perhaps look at the games or chats under Categories Games room and the Coffee Lounge. and join in just for say 10 minutes a day. We are here anytime you would like to chat. Take care.  
  • gigi2023
    Options
    My hubby is off for two weeks over Xmas so I'm looking forward to having him with me as we do like spending time together I've got no family nearby so it just us and my 3 kids. 

• gigi2023
    Options
    Thanks for your reply Beaver, I think it's because I had a traumatic time the year before I just wanted peace and found myself just wanting to hide away. I will look at the lounge and games room thanks. 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.