If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Turned down for LCWRA.

Options
Beserkernaut
Beserkernaut Community member Posts: 12 Listener

I just got the letter in my UC journal saying I was not eligible. I have been out of work since June with severe side pain and bowel problems.

During the assessment. I mentioned, I could not walk even the shortest of distances without getting exhausted. I cannot sit for more than 15 mins without shooting pains up my side. I always need to be near a bathroom etc. According to them I got 0 points and have to look for work. What to do?
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,133 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You can challenge the decision by requesting the Mandatory Reconsideration. (MR) You can do this on your journal or send a letter to request it. You need to state whether you think you should have been found to have either Limited capability for work. (LCW) or Limited Capability For Work Related Activity. (LCWRA)

You will only be entitled to extra money if found to have LCWRA. For this isn't not about scoring points. It's about satisfying at least one of the descriptors. You can see them here. https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/universal-credit-uc/uc-faq/limited-capability-for-work-related-activity
    Please note the mobilising descriptor does include your ability to use a self propelled wheelchair. If you can self propel one of those then you'll have problems with the descriptor.

You can see the LCW descriptors here. For this you need to score at least 15 points. https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/universal-credit-uc/uc-faq/limited-capability-for-work

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Beserkernaut
    Options
    Hello Poppy and thanks.

I went into great detail during the assessment regarding pains when I am sitting for more than 15 minutes, bowel and urinary issues which prevent me from working without taking extremely frequent toilet breaks, as occurred in my last job(including trips to A&E), Inability to walk a small distance without feeling faint and frequent dizziness, pain when stretching to get items or prepare food etc, cloudy mindedness and depression and anxiety. Despite satisfying numerous descriptors, I have been told I received 0 points. This is not possible and has added to my anxiety. I am awaiting a hospital visit with the surgical team due to the colon pain and the symptoms mentioned above. Despite this I still got turned down.I sent them a message on the Journal requesting the MR. I hope they listen this time.
  • Beserkernaut
    Options
    Sorry for the format. I copied and pasted from what I wrote in the journal then edited it here.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.