Finding love again — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Finding love again

Options
flick79
flick79 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hi, my ex husband walked away from me and our marriage two months after i was rushed into hospital that happened almost 4 years ago and sadly n9w i am wheelchair bound because of a brain injury and last year my ex husband said i was used goods now and that no man would ever love me now that i am stuck in a wheelchair 

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,322 Scope online community team
    Options
    Heya @flick79 I'm so sorry to hear about your ex husband.  It sounds like they're wanting to hurt you by calling you used goods, so please don't take any notice of them!
       Many wheelchair users are in very happy, loving and fulfilling relationships, there's even several dating sites/app made especially for disabled people. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • flick79
    Options
    Thank you but i don't have enough confidence after the moment 
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,322 Scope online community team
    Options
    It's ok, confidence comes with time. :) 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 20,402 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @flick79 I am sorry your ex is being so nasty. Do you go out to social events where you meet other people? Perhaps in the New Year you could join a local club near you. Your Council should have a list of those available. Take care.
  • MW123
    MW123 Scope Member Posts: 480 Pioneering
    Options

@flick79 navigating health challenges demands extraordinary strength and courage. Always hold onto the understanding that your worth transcends external judgments. Despite the current difficulties, the future is brimming with endless possibilities. I acknowledge that your ex-husband's hurtful words about being "used goods" have affected your confidence, but with time, I truly believe you will rediscover both your confidence and inherent worth.

Your ex-husband's role in your life is just a small chapter in your remarkable story. Brighter days await you, and I'm confident that, in time, you will find a new, meaningful relationship with someone who appreciates you for the incredible person you are.

• flick79
    Options
    Beaver79 said:
    Hello @flick79 I am sorry your ex is being so nasty. Do you go out to social events where you meet other people? Perhaps in the New Year you could join a local club near you. Your Council should have a list of those available. Take care.
    Unfortunately i don't have the confidence i haven't been out socially since becoming poorly 
  • flick79
    Options
    MW123 said:

@flick79 navigating health challenges demands extraordinary strength and courage. Always hold onto the understanding that your worth transcends external judgments. Despite the current difficulties, the future is brimming with endless possibilities. I acknowledge that your ex-husband's hurtful words about being "used goods" have affected your confidence, but with time, I truly believe you will rediscover both your confidence and inherent worth.

Your ex-husband's role in your life is just a small chapter in your remarkable story. Brighter days await you, and I'm confident that, in time, you will find a new, meaningful relationship with someone who appreciates you for the incredible person you are.

• flick79
    Options
    Thank you for your kind words 
  • Kimberleyh
    Kimberleyh Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Options
    flick79 said:
    Hi, my ex husband walked away from me and our marriage two months after i was rushed into hospital that happened almost 4 years ago and sadly n9w i am wheelchair bound because of a brain injury and last year my ex husband said i was used goods now and that no man would ever love me now that i am stuck in a wheelchair 
    What a horrible person he is someone will want you your well rid of him 
  • Kimberleyh
    Kimberleyh Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Options
  • JaneCowell
    JaneCowell Community member Posts: 25 Listener
    Options
    Are you wanting to start a relationship? Were you married a long time? I'm sorry you feel upset by the comment from last year you must be feeling very low about it
  • Antony
    Antony Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    Hi best just forget about your x block his number and have no contact with him life is hard enough with out some one putting you down you will never get any convidence till you forget about him i had a partner for 11 years untill i got ill with copd and Osteoarthritis in my knees hips and hands she said i dont intend to be a carer and left it really hurt me but soon i was over it and now moved on so im thinking i should meet some one with health issues so we can support each other

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.