Hb and supported accommodation — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hb and supported accommodation

Options
Lostsoul13
Lostsoul13 Community member Posts: 59 Listener
I’m move to a managed property with an association that offers weekly visits and is supported accommodation- the rent is 759.46£ a month - my local hb pays 103.56 for one bedroom- they said that I might have to pay the rest if hb don’t pay the full rent- I’m in hostel/supported accommodation for people with mental health and they rent is about the same but hb pay it all- will hb pay all the rent or will I have to fork out the rest…

im on esa income related and pip higher for both parts . I’m also in the support group..

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,605 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Local housing allowance only applies to privately rented properties, it doesn't apply to social housing. Whether they will pay all the rent will depend on what's included with that rent.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lostsoul13
    Options
    Gas and electricity and water isn’t within the rent- there’s a service charge which I’ll probably have to pay my self. Which is 61£ a week. But will they cover the rest?? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,605 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The rent itself will be covered, what may not be covered is the service charges.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lostsoul13
    Options
    Ok great thanks so much! 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.