Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Missed call from DWP while waiting tribunal?

Options
Lr1234
Lr1234 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hello everyone,

Just looking for advice as I have missed a call from dwp yesterday (12th dec). I believe it's dwp as they left me a voice message and said they would contact me again.

The reason I find it strange as I'm currently awaiting a tribunal on my pip application. They were supposed to respond by the 7th of December but have not according to the online tracker.

Does anyone know why they would ge contacting me? Will they try again today or should I get in touch with them?

It seems strange as they offered me 0 points even tho I believe I have a good case due to having essential tremor and mental health problems. 

Are they even allowed to get in touch while going through a tribunal? 

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Kind regards - Luke
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,589 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sometimes they ring to ask you some questions as they will be reviewing your claim before responding. Sometimes they may offer an award but please be aware that it’s quite rare they do this. 

Other than that I can only guess what they wanted you for. Hopefully they will ring back soon. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • TheManFromLondon
    TheManFromLondon Community member Posts: 269 Pioneering
    edited December 2023
    Options
    In most cases I read this was a call for an offer, but there has been cases where they asked a few and then just said goodbye, and the bundle arrived shortly after.

Talking by experience, while I was waiting for my appeal, I did miss a call, and they sent a text they would like to talk to me about my appeal, and that they would call me x date x time (but it was really 15 minutes after the text was received). They made an offer.

You can only wait, calling DWP will be fruitless, the people who answer the phone have no way to know who called you or why.
  • Lr1234
    Options
    Thank you everyone for letting me know. Yeah I'll hang on and hopefully will hear from them soon. 

If not then fingers crossed for tribunal. 
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,779 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hopefully it's a positive call and they call you back soon :) keep us posted with how you get on.
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Lr1234
    Options
    Good news!

Lady from dwp rang this morning. I was abit worried when she asked to talk about the evidence and to go over a few things about my daily life. Overall phone call lasted about 15 mins before she asked if she could go away and speak to someone before calling me back in 30 minutes.

30 minutes later I have just been awarded the lower rate of pip! Which will help me massively and couldn't believe it after being awarded 0 points/waiting for tribunal.

Really chuffed and the lady who I spoke to today was very helpful and friendly. If only it was like this all the way through the application. Glad there was light at the end of the tunnel. Just a few days to process and should receive everything soon :)
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,589 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's great news. You say lower rate but there's 2 parts to PIP, daily living and mobility, which part have you been awarded? Your Tribunal will now lapse and they should contact HMCTS to tell them.

Just to also advise that once the award has been put into payment, if you're still not 100% happy with the award you can request the Tribunal again. Your timescale will start again from the start. When DWP make an offer of an award they may get the award correct or maybe the length of the award but they don't always get both correct so it's something to think about.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • TheManFromLondon
    TheManFromLondon Community member Posts: 269 Pioneering
    Options
    Lr1234 said:
    Good news!

Lady from dwp rang this morning.

30 minutes later I have just been awarded the lower rate of pip! 
    So it was an offer in the making! Congrats! 🥳
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,947 Scope online community team
    Options
    Huge congrats from me too @Lr1234 I bet that must be a huge weight off your mind? 
    Albus (he/him)

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Lr1234
    Options
    That's great news. You say lower rate but there's 2 parts to PIP, daily living and mobility, which part have you been awarded?
    Hi poppy i believe its the lower of the daily living as i feel well enough in myself with mobility and didnt really push for that part.

I'm actually quite happy concidering i applied in May and after having a bit of a snotty accessor and then 0 points. I'm happy with the outcome as it will deffo take some weight off. :)

• Lr1234
    Options
    Lr1234 said:
    Good news!

Lady from dwp rang this morning.

30 minutes later I have just been awarded the lower rate of pip! 
    So it was an offer in the making! Congrats! 🥳

Yeah never expected it from the way the convo started but such a relief. Cheers for your earlier input too :)
  • Lr1234
    Options
    Huge congrats from me too @Lr1234 I bet that must be a huge weight off your mind? 

Thank you. Yeah its a great result! Just waiting for the notifcations to come through as surprise the system is down their end :# 
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,947 Scope online community team
    Options
    I am totally shocked by that news @Lr1234, how very unlike the DWP.  :D 
    Albus (he/him)

Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.