Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Adults with Cerebral Palsy are Entitled to Annual Reviews of their Condition
Our friends at Bobath have a range of services for adults living with CP. Their adult neuro physiotherapy can support you in the physical skills needed for everyday life, regardless of your age or how long you have had the condition impacting you.
They support you with a personalised treatment plan, tailored to your specific needs, and will benefit you to sustain the improvements from your therapy. You can have confidence in our team, who work with you to identify your specific needs and help you reach your potential.
How does The Bobath Centre support adults and their carers?
Their expert team understands how to treat a wide variety of neurological conditions, specialising in treatment for people with:
- neuro-developmental conditions including cerebral palsy
- acquired neurological conditions such as stroke or head injury, multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injury (incomplete) and Parkinson’s
Therapy is a chance to work with a Bobath specialist who can analyse what is limiting your activity and help improve your ability to function in everyday life. Our team’s experience means that they can advise on tips for minimising the effects of your condition or recommend equipment that might be better suited to your needs.
What treatment is offered to support adults?
- Welcome session: a free, 45-minute session with a senior Bobath therapist, to understand you and your needs and discuss what we can do you support you specifically
- Therapy: therapy can be offered regularly over several weeks or more intensively over a shorter timeframe if that is suitable
- Adult annual reviews: our specialist neuro-physiotherapists are highly skilled in providing support for CP. We offer annual reviews to adults with CP, a holistic health check to help your physical and mental health. Both NHS referrals and self-referrals for this service are accepted
- Adult meet-ups: the last few years have shown that we all need other ways to stay in contact with our support groups, so our adult meet-ups are now virtual and available for you to join for free each month. Follow us on Instagram to find out about that month’s topic!
- Consultation: this is an assessment session that lasts 90 minutes, with two Bobath therapists. especially when there’s no formal diagnosis or a particular physical challenge or any areas of concern. Afterwards, a report and home programme is created to address the issues discussed
Specialist Information Officer and Cerebral Palsy Programme Lead
Want to tell us about your experience in the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
- All Categories
- 13.2K Start here and say hello!
- 6.8K Coffee lounge
- 86 Games lounge
- 473 Cost of living
- 4.5K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.9K Research and opportunities
- 226 Community updates
- 9.5K Talk about your situation
- 2.1K Children, parents, and families
- 1.6K Work and employment
- 797 Education
- 1.7K Housing and independent living
- 1.4K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 644 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 372 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 820 Transport and travel
- 31.5K Talk about money
- 4.5K Benefits and financial support
- 5.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 16.9K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 4.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 6.4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.8K Cerebral palsy
- 876 Chronic pain and pain management
- 178 Physical and neurological impairments
- 1.1K Autism and neurodiversity
- 1.3K Mental health and wellbeing
- 326 Sensory impairments
- 825 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions