Hi, my name is bush69! Husband going into nursing home. Will he still receive LCWRA? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is bush69! Husband going into nursing home. Will he still receive LCWRA?

bush69 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited December 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
My husband is going into a nursing home permanently I know that I will have to look for a job now and claim uc as a single person , but my husband is only 64 he got uc (joint) and lwrca has he has dementia , his cate will be either chc funding or local council funded as he's in a nhs acess to care placement being assessed for his needs , will he still continue to recieve lwrca I'm his appointee through DWP 


  • Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 20,110 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @bush69 Welcome to the Community. I do not have the answer for you but someone will be able to help you. I have answered to move your post back to the top. Take care.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,081 Scope online community team
    Hey there @bush69 and welcome to the community from me as well!
    I'm sorry to hear your husband has to go into a nursing home, dementia can be a real stress to everyone. 
    I'm not 100% sure of the answer to your question, but I'll just rename and move your post so more people in the know will see it and hopefully give you the answers you need. I hope that's OK? 
    Albus (he/him)

    Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.