Jubilee Sailing Trust — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Jubilee Sailing Trust

Options
daz2
daz2 Community member, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 122 Pioneering
So sad. I just received an email from Jubilee Sailing Trust which owns and operated the SV Tenacious and the Lord Nelson has gone bankrupt. Both ships were built specifically for people with visible disabilities like Cerebral Palsy. You could get a wheelchair all the way up to the Crows Nest. Why am I writing this on the forum you wonder? Scope paid 3 times for me to sail on the Nelson. 1990, 96 and 99. Spent 2 weeks on the Tenacious in 08 & 2012. Will miss both ships.

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,439 Scope online community team
    Options
    Oh that's such sad new @daz2, but I hope you'll still be able to honor both ships with all the memories you made on them? 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • androgynous
    androgynous Community member Posts: 79 Pioneering
    Options
    Such sad news to hear but it doesn't surprise me.

The Lord Nelson was decommissioned in 2019.

I was fortunate to be sponsored by a charity for the experience of a lifetime on 'Nellie' and will never forget being hoisted up to the Crows Nest in a wheelchair. An amazing experience, one which will never be repeated.  :'(

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.