Acceptable WCA evidence — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Acceptable WCA evidence

Options
Toni0831
Toni0831 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hi

UC have now informed that they will send out a form for me to fill in and conduct an assessment. I assume the form will arrive in the next few days. I have mentioned in previous posts that I struggled for a number of years and have been reluctant to seek help before. I'm new to the whole process. I have mental health problems and a noticeable deformity.

Other than explaining my mental health problems on the form, what evidence can I provide? 

I have read online that a letter from a GP isn't helpful as supporting evidence. I was referred to mental health services and have seen the nurse once so far. I'm waiting for counselling sessions, but who knows how long that will take. 

Is it worth me asking my GP and hospital consultants for my medical records and sending what is appropriate when I complete the form?

I have also read that although the DWP ask for details of the GP and others involved in your care, they do not always contact them for more information. I want to try my best to provide them with all the information and save myself from more stress.

Thank you

Tagged:

Comments

• JaneCowell
    JaneCowell Community member Posts: 25 Listener
    Options
    You could ask the nurse to write a letter saying you have seen them and are on the waiting list for counselling. They may or may not do it.
    When I needed supporting evidence it was hard getting professionals to do it as their response was usually "if dwp wants it they will ask".
    But I get what you are saying, they don't always contact who you put down, it's usually the claimants responsibility to provide up front which is very hard as there are a lot of barriers including personal barriers. 
    So I would definitely speak to the nurse and get something in writing. You could also provide a day to day diary.
  • Toni0831
    Options
    You could ask the nurse to write a letter saying you have seen them and are on the waiting list for counselling. They may or may not do it.
    When I needed supporting evidence it was hard getting professionals to do it as their response was usually "if dwp wants it they will ask".
    But I get what you are saying, they don't always contact who you put down, it's usually the claimants responsibility to provide up front which is very hard as there are a lot of barriers including personal barriers. 
    So I would definitely speak to the nurse and get something in writing. You could also provide a day to day diary.

I will ask and hopefully she will help. I will also provide them with a diary

Thank you
  • JaneCowell
    JaneCowell Community member Posts: 25 Listener
    Options
    Best of luck to you and I hope the wait passes quick for your therapy to start
  • Toni0831
    Options
    Best of luck to you and I hope the wait passes quick for your therapy to start
    I do hope so

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.