anorexia — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

anorexia

Options
JaneCowell
JaneCowell Community member Posts: 25 Listener
Anyone here have anorexia as an adult?
I'm 32.
Or as a younger person?
I'm new here and not sure If this community is for people like me. Am I welcome. Am I strange.
Tagged:

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,705 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes you are more than welcome, our daughter suffered from anorexia from the age of 15-20 we were lucky at the time to have a great GP and he arranged for her to get treatment at a private clinic paid for by the NHS, it would have cost in excess of £30,000, in the early days we were told in no uncertain terms that there was a massive risk that we might lose her but we didn't, it was a difficult time for all concerned, but with the help of the clinic and later counsellors she came through and is now a healthy happy 35 year old with a ten year old son.
    For my money anorexia is a disability and as I say you are very welcome if we can be of any help please ask.
    How are things at the moment with you ?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• JaneCowell
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Thank you for your reply and sharing your experience. I've been suffering with eating problems for the last 7 years and recently asked for help when I realised it was a problem, on top of that struggling to conceive.
    I'm an obsessive exerciser with anorexia and was diagnosed in 2022.
    I'm in treatment at the moment and trying to keep positive. Looking for friends to support each other when times are low.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @JaneCowell Welcome to the community! :) 

I am very glad to hear you reached out for help and are in treatment. I hope it is going well for you <3

I hope the community can be that place of support and friendship for you. We actually just opened up our new Gaming Room, if you wanted to join in? 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • JaneCowell
    Options
    Thank you Hannah I'll certainly have a look. Doesn't seem like others agree.
    Perhaps someone can suggest a community somewhere.
    Happy Christmas

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.