Loneliness — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Loneliness

Options
Mayfair0000
Mayfair0000 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited December 2023 in Coffee lounge
I am an older disabled person through no fault of mine. Surgical procedures went wrong. Destroyed my beautiful life

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,802 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Mayfair0000 welcome to the forum so sorry that your operations didn't go as planned.  Join in with the conversations here and games in the games room and make some virtual freinds.
  • Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 21,214 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi  @Mayfair0000 Welcome to the Community from me too. If you have any questions please ask. We are a friendly and supportive forum. Join in whenever you are ready. Take care.
  • Ada
    Ada Scope Member Posts: 15,040 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Mayfair0000
    it’s a warm welcome from me. I like others here know your physical and mental pain. Come chat in our coffee lounge. You will find joining the Scope Family with your time. 

Are you completely alone what about over Christmas  
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,749 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Mayfair0000 another hi and welcome from me also.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,125 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Mayfair0000 - & welcome to this friendly & supportive community from me also. I'm sorry to read that you had surgical procedures that went wrong; may I ask what these were as we may have members with a greater understanding than I if something similar has happened to them.

You still have a beautiful life, tho it's normal to grieve what you've lost, & this can take time. It's perhaps easier for me to say as I gradually became disabled with a genetic disorder. I now look back on my past with fond memories of the things I was able to do, but also look forward to the future as there are still things I can do; there are limitations, but still possibilities.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.