LWCRA first payment and backdated money — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LWCRA first payment and backdated money

youaremeiamyou Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi! I've tried looking online and just been really confused by what I've read. I was awarded LWCRA on the 11th December, my assessment being on the 29th of November. I've been providing sick notes since 21st December 2022 and get paid Universal Credit on the 21st of each month. I was wondering when I'd get my first payment as it I'm not getting it this month and am not sure when I should be getting it or if I will be owed backdated? Thank you 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,243 Disability Gamechanger
    If there were no gaps in your fit notes based on the information you gave then your waiting period will be as follows.

    Jan/Feb, Feb/March, March/April… LCWRA starts from assessment period 15th April to 14th May and first payment will be 21st May.

    If the element was included in this months statement then it’s most likely because there wasn’t enough of time to include it because the decision was only made 3 days before the end of that assessment period.

    Money owed will be paid separately to your usual monthly money and often takes quite a few weeks to pay it.

    Please note my advice assumes you’re not claiming UC with a partner that already receives the LCWRA element on your claim. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.