For those that do not want to realise that we have feelings. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

For those that do not want to realise that we have feelings.

Options
onebigvoice
onebigvoice Scope Member Posts: 751 Pioneering
This is along the same lines as access to benefits, and just to say that most here do realise that we have feelings as well.
  Yet the feeling for someone who becomes ill over a long period is sometimes soul-destroying.
  The man or woman you once knew is not the same person 10 or 20 years on, but deep inside they are what you saw when you first met, or they are for me so that some that may need a little help there is this....

May be an illustration of text that says DOCTOR HUSBAND INTEREST SEX DONT KNOW WHAT THINK HAVE JUST THING GIVE HIM THIS PILL BUT EXPERIMENTAL JUST SLIP HIS POTATOES AT DINNER wwwGrogComicscom A WEEK LATER THE PILL WORKED GREAT PUT THE POTATOES SAID WASNT MINUTES THAT JUMPED RAKED THE FOOD AND DISHES ON THE FLOOR GRABBED ME RIPPED my CLOTHES OFF AND RAVAGED ME THERE ON THE TABLE SORRY WE DIDNT REALIZE THAT STRONG THE FOUNDATION WILL GLAD  PAY FOR ANY DAMAGES NO THATS OK WERE NEVER GOING THAT RESTAURANT ANYWAY 

Don't be afraid to tell someone close how you feel........

Comments

• onebigvoice
    Options
    For those of you that are trying to get a little fitter for christmas.

My daughter keeps horses and I just bought another and talking to my friend.....

I just bought another horse for my daughter.
    Oh yeah, are you going to race him?

Na, he's faster than me...........
  • onebigvoice
    Options
    I just wanted to add. that this post is to give a light hearted look at us.  There are many on here like me that are in constant pain, and in an uphill struggle to get relief or treatment.
      If by reading my post you raise a little smile or you just think, what a plank?  Its made you realise for a split second that its sometime's fun to read other peoples experiences that some can relate to (with humour) remember the saying its good to talk......
      Even by reading this did you realise that there is less pain?
    This becomes the ability to train your brain to block out even things like Tinitus?
      Those that have Tinitus, have you realised that there was no ringing or hissing?  Brain training can be just as much a treatment as pills and operations....  my trigger for my brain is poems and light hearted Jokes.
      Some of my poems rhyme to me and are generally about what I am thinking of at the time.  This is also good for you since when trying to sleep you have a little write and you will find, I do, that you start to think in rhyme.  While your brain is doing that you don't remember those little aches and pains.
      Give it a go, let me know what happens?  If its nothing then say that.  If it works what started you off.
      Think of a theme and have a go....
      Christmas, New Year, the grand Kids, presents, looking forward to Christmas dinner, preparing for Christmas.  There is also another side for those that are alone for Christmas, for what ever reason.  Make a post on here let me know, you nver know I might write a poem for you? 
      YES I KNOW, hundreds have said OH NO, don't do that please.....DOH. Well what does Homer Simpson say at this time of year.   DOH, DOH DOH from me....... 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.