Employment Tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Employment Tribunal

Options
Broreb1981
Broreb1981 Community member Posts: 160 Courageous
edited January 31 in Work and employment
I got offered and accepted a part time job. I worked 1 day, then I was told to not come to work as he was going on holiday for 2 weeks. I then went back to work for another week. I only got paid for the days I worked. Then I had a text to say don't come to work as I need the desk, then another text the same week to say I'm only working until lunch on my other day. All this time I was asking about holidays, contract, etc nothing appeared. I also questioned him about my hours and that this wasn't what we agreed. He then said sorry things have changed and I will let you know weekly if I need you to work. I thought about it, told him I wasn't happy with that arrangement and I wanted paying for the days he told me not to work. He told me no he wasn't paying me as I'd not been there 3 months. I contacted acas for early conciliation but when they called and said who they were, he put the phone straight down. Now I'm going to tribunal. Do you have any advise. The acas lady said it is very straight forward and I could go on my own. I have kept all the text messages from him and he paid me straight into my bank so he can't say I've not worked for him. It's not fair he shouldn't be allowed to get away with that. 
Tagged:

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.