PIP payment mistake

ilovechickpeas
ilovechickpeas Community member Posts: 43 Connected
edited December 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi Guys, I’m a little concerned about something and I’m not sure if I should be worried,  

Is this a payment error made by DWP

I received two payments in November,

one payment in Wed 01 November

and A second one in 
Wed 29 November.

was I paid twice by mistake? ,

please advise ,

because I’m worried now and often times things like this just trigger my anxiety. 

If it is in error how do I pay it back and also what contact number do I call them on?

please help me. It’s causing me a lot of worried thoughts. 

Comments

• Binky1234
    Binky1234 Community member Posts: 451 Empowering
    I may be wrong but I think payments are every 4 weeks, well mine is and if this is the case I think you will be fine as this would be the case for the dates you have given exactly 4 weeks. Hope this eases your worry and I'm sure someone will advise you further, in the mean try and not worry.
  • woollywonder
    woollywonder Community member Posts: 47 Contributor
    I would say that's normal and likely to happen when a payment date is at the very beginning of a month - as payments are 4 weekly / every 28 days, so I'm pretty sure it's nothing to worry about. If you want to make sure, check your award letter as it normally does confirm 'every 4 weeks' on there.
  • noman
    noman Community member Posts: 1,000 Pioneering
    No it's not a a mistake,your payments are every 4 weeks on a wednesday which is why you received 2 payments.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,145 Championing
    edited December 2023
    I also received 2 payments in November on the same dates as you. As PIP is paid every 4 weeks there will be 1 month a year when you will receive 2 payments.
  • ilovechickpeas
    ilovechickpeas Community member Posts: 43 Connected
    Thank you everyone for getting back to me. I really appreciate it.

does that mean I won’t get paid in December the full amount of my pip ?

also I recieved a payment  of £10 today  by PIP I’m not sure why I got paid only £10 in December ? 

Please can someone advise?

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,371 Championing
    Hi @haffyali - the £10 you've just received is the Christmas Bonus to which you're entitled due to claiming PIP in the first week of December, which is the qualifying week.
    As mentioned above, PIP is paid every 4 weeks, so you will receive this as normal this month.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,145 Championing
    edited December 2023
    The £10 was the Christmas bonus. See link. https://www.gov.uk/christmas-bonus
    For your PIP payment, it's paid every 4 weeks but as i advised, there will be one month a year where you will receive 2 payments. Your next payment date is Wednesday 27th December, which should be paid into your bank tomorrow, 22nd December. They are paying it early this month because of Christmas. It will be for the usual amount because it's a 4 weekly payment.

Please also be aware that your next payment after this will be slightly longer because of the early payment this month. 24th January will be the next one after tomorrow.