Happy holidays from the community team — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Happy holidays from the community team

Options
Adrian_Scope
Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,025 Scope online community team

To all of you, our Scope community family,

As we head into another holiday season, we wanted to take a moment to wish each and every one of you a Merry Christmas! 🎄🌟

During this time of joy and togetherness, we recognise that not everyone's festive experience is the same. Whether you're celebrating with loved ones, enjoying some quiet time alone, or navigating through the hustle and bustle, we want you to know that the online community is here for you.

Our dedicated staff will be around throughout Christmas, ready to lend an ear, offer support, or simply share a moment of camaraderie. Whether you're seeking a break from festivities, a space to vent, or the warmth of online friendship, we're just a click away.

Wishing you a joyful and peaceful Christmas, and looking forward to another year with all of you. 

Warmest wishes,

@Adrian_Scope, @Albus_Scope, @Hannah_Scope, @Jimm_Scope, @Rosie_Scope

Community Manager
Scope

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,670 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    To all who help make this forum what it is and all of us appreciate it all the very best xx
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,830 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Happy Christmas everyone 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,109 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Wishing the Scope team & all members a very Happy Christmas, & to those who don't celebrate it's good to know the Scope team as ever will be around, as will be some members. Best wishes to you all.
  • Ada
    Ada Scope Member Posts: 14,501 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thank you for all you do. Scope Team. Happy Holidays. 

And to all scope family. 
    Have a wonderful time. 

Sending hugs 🤗 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,670 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @ada sending Christmas hugs back to you, I will be around at times over the holiday.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 20,404 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Happy holiday to all the Scope Team. You do a lot of good work.
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,864 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Happy christmas to the scope team, and my fellow forum members, i appreciate all of you, have a lovely time, sending big hugs xx
  • rebel11
    rebel11 Community member Posts: 1,653 Pioneering
    Options
    Hope everyone has a Great Xmas and New Year.  :)

• Adrian_Scope
    Options
    How has everyone’s day been? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Autism_at_40
    Autism_at_40 Community member Posts: 724 Pioneering
    Options
    Lonely - but trying to keep myself occupied on here and with food and tele...
  • Adrian_Scope
    Options
    Watching anything good @Autism_at_40?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Autism_at_40
    Options
    Home Alone at the moment :smile:
  • Adrian_Scope
    Options
    Ah awesome, we watched Home Alone today too! :) 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Autism_at_40
    Options
    Great.  I did Die Hard 1 & 2 yesterday.  Think I might do Bad Moms later..
  • WhatThe
    WhatThe Community member, Scope Member Posts: 968 Pioneering
    Options

Adrian, what you did for me was unexpected. On Christmas Day, that is special. I really appreciate this.  

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

To the Scope Team and all my friends on the community thanks for all your help support and guidance over the past year.
    It’s truly appreciated and I’m grateful to each and everyone of you.
    I hope yous have had a great day.

Goodnight ❤️
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,109 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2023
    Options
    I hope you've enjoyed Christmas Day everyone; I'm not long back from a lovely time with my son & his wife.
    @WhatThe - I hope this means what I'd hoped too. We all make mistakes, myself included, but I've seen you've been like a different person, &, altho we've crossed swords in the past, that's water under the bridge to me now, so I look forward to you continuing to show support to other members going forward. :)
  • WhatThe
    Options

chiarieds,
    Thank you for this and your Christmas greetings to me - that helped me feel included when all I could see was connections and support for other members! I didn't know I'd forgotten my meds or why I couldn't stop crying. It's how I know they work but a horrible reminder of why I need them too. 

"You think the world revolves around you, don't you" is what I used to hear. We were three children 3 and under and I was the squeezed middle. Feeling excluded or unwanted as an adult is no easier now than it was then. 

Yes, I've learned so much this year with Scope and want to continue learning how to communicate better with everyone. Thank you once again, chiarieds. I loved the King's message about first looking after each other  :)

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,394 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas day yesterday. I know some of you were alone and/or without family but i'm glad the forum was here for company, it's good to know that people are always here when you need someone to turn to.

I went to my daughters for about 11.15am and i think a toy bomb dropped on their house :D My daughter cooked a lovely Christmas dinner with Turkey and pork with all the trimmings. I know it's not easy cooking for several people when you have 2 small children to entertain too, although she did have my son in law for help.

Today we are going to my son in laws mother house for a buffet tea. Tomorrow, i'm starting to take some boxes to my new house to try to save some time when we move mid January and to make some space to walk in my current house. :D

chiarieds said:

@WhatThe - I hope this means what I'd hoped too. We all make mistakes, myself included, but I've seen you've been like a different person, &, altho we've crossed swords in the past, that's water under the bridge to me now, so I look forward to you continuing to show support to other members going forward. :)

I've also noticed the same, which has made me smile. WhatThe and i also crossed swords in the past, as you know. My intention here has always been to help as many people as possible and not to cross swords with anyone. I like to think i have a kind heart and wouldn't purposely say or do anything to hurt anyone.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • WhatThe
    Options

poppy,
    Thank you, I appreciate the olive branch. I think this is about recognising boundaries which I did not. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.