Lcwra payment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcwra payment

Options
craigm95
craigm95 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
I was awarded lcwra on the 15/10/2023 after providing sick notes from July. When will my first payment be as I don’t really understand the letter they sent me 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,831 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Before i can advise further i'll need to know the answers to the following questions.

What date exactly did you report your health condition/provide your first fit note?
    What date do you usually receive your money each month?
    Where the fit notes continuous, without any gaps up until a decision was made on your WCA?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • craigm95
    Options
    2nd of July I handed first fit note in. Yes they ran continuously without any gaps. I usually receive my payment on 21st each month 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Your waiting period will be July/Aug, Aug/Sept, Sept/Oct.. LCWRA element starts from 15th Oct to 14th Nov and first payment would be 21st November. If you had the decision in October, i would have expected you to have received your first payment by now. 

Unless you're claiming UC with a partner that already receives this element on your claim. 

Or, you've misread the decision letter and the decision was Limited Capability For work (LCW) and not Limited capability For work Related Activitiy. (LCWRA)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • craigm95
    Options
    No it’s definitely LCWRA
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Then put a message on your journal under the payment section and ask about the LCWRA element. Remind them of the date that you provided your first fit note and the waiting period starts from then. Also tell them that your calculations tell you that your first payment should have been 21st November.
  • craigm95
    Options
    Ok thanks for your help 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.