Hi, my name is Leajayse! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Leajayse!

Options
Leajayse
Leajayse Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I am disabled with a range of poor health issues and can no longer get into the bath. I live in a housing association and they will install a wet room if I contribute £3000 as I receive too much pension! Somewhat ironic when I've worked all my life whereas those who won't work get everything. Another irony is that I don't want a wet room. Prefer a walk in. Heigh ho!

Comments

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,280 Scope online community team
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Leajayse, did you have a good Christmas?

Sorry you're having to pay so much for your wet room, but I hope it'll suit you better than the bath. Have the Housing Association said no to having a walk-in installed instead? 

I hope you'll enjoy getting to know us all on the community. Joining in with some of the chats in Coffee lounge can be a fun way to start :)
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.