What you’re plans for new year eve — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What you’re plans for new year eve

Options
Globster
Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,380 Disability Gamechanger
I am unsure what I will be doing tomorrow night to bring in new year 2024 
I would love to hear how you all planning to bring in the new year 2024 :)

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,670 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Same as last year we have invited a neighbour who would otherwise be on her own round for a meal and to see in the new year with a few drinks.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,025 Scope online community team
    Options
    I'm having a quiet night in with our children and so I've got an evening of boardgames and Mario Kart lined up for tonight. I say quiet but we're all very competitive so it can get a little rowdy. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • noman
    noman Community member Posts: 565 Pioneering
    Options
    A cosy night for me with the dogs,telly and a few tinnies :)
  • Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 20,431 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    We are having a couple of neighbours round and now my children are teenagers they will be staying up till midnight.
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,380 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @woodbine that sounds really nice I hope you have a great time  :)
    @Adrian_Scope that sounds an amazing evening I hope have a wonderful time 
    @noman I totally costy night peaceful for you I hope you have a wonderful night  :)
    @Beaver79  I hope you a pleasant evening with your family and neighbours around your house  :)

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,025 Scope online community team
    Options
    Do you know what you'll be doing this evening @Globster
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Globster
    Options
    @Adrian_Scope I don’t know  :)

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,830 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2023
    Options
    I'm baby sitting so my son can go out my daughter in law at work, so I will be breaking up arguments, listening to moaning. I will wait up for the clock to strike midnight and fire works. Watching the countdown on TV. What ever you do @globster happy new year to you 
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

I hope yous all have a lovely night, doing whatever yous have planned. 🥂❤️

My daughters invited me to hers it’s just her wee family. But I’ve said no, I think she always asks incase I change my mind.
    I stay in and have a quiet night just the way I like it. I will watch the countdown on tv. 
  • Autism_at_40
    Autism_at_40 Community member Posts: 724 Pioneering
    Options
    I was going to have a drink and watch the fireworks, but I ran out and forgot the shops were shut early.  So although I could go to the local shop to get something to drink, I decided to start the new year as I mean to go on.. no booze.. I am already in my PJs and will be watching the fireworks out my living room window.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.