Advice needed please — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice needed please

Options
Maddyk
Maddyk Community member Posts: 1 Listener
My sons partner had a stroke at the end of October. She is slowly recovering but will not be able to work for a long time yet and my son is now effectively her carer so he will probably not be able to work either. As she is still on the deeds of a property she left 16 years ago, and which her ex partner and two grown up children live in, they have had their Universal Credit Claim denied. She is currently receiving SSP from her employer of £109.40 per week and that is their only income. I applied for PIP on her behalf, when she was still in hospital in November, but we have not received anything through the post yet. Does anyone have any knowledge of what benefits they could claim which are contributions based? Or can we appeal the UC decision as there is no way she can realise any income from her share of the property ( her ex partner who lives there is seriously ill and is on benefits I believe ). They have a 12 year old son and live in a privately rented house.

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,322 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @Maddyk and a very belated welcome to the community. 

I'm sorry to see  no one was able to answer your queries, the holidays are always very busy and sometimes posts can get  missed. 

I just wanted to check in and see how you were getting on now?  Have you looked at the benefits calculator to see what your sons partner could claim? 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.