First payment of LCWRA? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

First payment of LCWRA?

Options
jenhubs83
jenhubs83 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hello I was awarded LCWRA December 30th 2023 my first sick note was June 19th 2023,  any idea when I will be paid and if owed any back pay please I'm new to this.   Many thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,814 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What date do you usually receive your money each month?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jenhubs83
    Options
    The 6th of every month 
  • poppy123456
    edited January 1
    Options
    Your waiting period will be June to Sept.. LCWRA starts from assessment period 30th Sept to 29th Oct and first payment will be 6th November. This means up to now they owe you 2 months LCWRA element.

Please not my advice assumes you're not claiming UC with a partner that already receives the LCWRA element on your claim. If they don't then there must not have been any gaps in your fit notes.

Money owed will be paid separately to your usual monthly money and often takes quite a few weeks to pay it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • jenhubs83
    Options
    Thank you so much for your help much appreciated 
  • jenhubs83
    Options
    Another question so I've rang universal credit and they've said they no longer back date payments?  Is this correct because how it that right if my claim started in June 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    That's not correct, if this was your first work capability assessment. As i advised here.
    Your waiting period will be June to Sept.. LCWRA starts from assessment period 30th Sept to 29th Oct and first payment will be 6th November. This means up to now they owe you 2 months LCWRA element.

Please also be aware that when you ring the UC helpline, you are speaking to someone from a call centre who often has very little knowledge, other than to read from a screen in front of them.

I see you didn't have the decision until 30th December so it could be a few weeks yet before you receive the money that's owed. First they need to recalculate your past statements. This will tell them how much you've already received, compared to what you should have received. You will then receive the difference between the 2. Once it's done you'll receive a letter on your journal telling you how much they owe and it will then be paid into your bank.

The new statements will replace your existing ones.
  • jenhubs83
    Options
    Yes she did read from the screen and said no backdated owing she said the new law is it was stopped backdated payments but I hope she is wrong.  Thank you 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    There isn't any new laws. She's making it up as she goes along. I've given you the correct advice and your first payment will be 6th November so it's 2 months they owe you. See link. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/long-term-health-condition-or-disability-universal-credit

When the LCWRA element is awarded

In most cases, the LCWRA element is awarded after a 3 month waiting period beginning on the day you provide medical evidence. If it takes longer than 3 months to carry out your Work Capability Assessment the element you are awarded will be backdated to this point and you will be paid any amount owing.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.