"We don't require anymore information" letter — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

"We don't require anymore information" letter

Whatshallido
Whatshallido Community member Posts: 10 Listener
I first applied for PIP in 2020 with very little evidence and i can see why it got rejected, so i didn't even bother appealing it. Last year in October i asked someone to help me fill in the form and i had evidence from family members/a counsellor. One day a nurse called my Dad to ask him questions about me (this was in mid December i think), i wasn't in the room but was that a paper based assessment? And just before NY we got a letter saying they didn't need more information. How long do you think i have to wait now? Thanks :).

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,285 Disability Gamechanger
    If they have done an assessment the wait can be 8-12 weeks depending how busy they are.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Whatshallido
    edited January 3
    woodbine said:
    If they have done an assessment the wait can be 8-12 weeks depending how busy they are.
    Thanks again. So when my Dad got called it was a paper based assessment then? Because obviously he's the only person they can talk to and the only person who can get a PIP form for me basically.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,172 Disability Gamechanger
    Sounds like they did a paper based assessment and they were just ringing to ask a few questions before completing the assessment report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Whatshallido
    Sounds like they did a paper based assessment and they were just ringing to ask a few questions before completing the assessment report.
    Thank you and i thought so too. I wouldn't be able to handle a face to face assessment, i'd probably collapse or something due to anxiety.
  • TheManFromLondon
    TheManFromLondon Community member Posts: 104 Pioneering
    @Whatshallido
    Because I read your post on UC about savings. Keep in mind, any backpay you will get from PIP will not be classed as savings up to a certain period, but after that it will. Someone here can clarify this.

Also, make sure you spend the money you will be getting, they count as savings if you wont.

Just make sure what it means getting all that money that apparently you dont have any use for.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,172 Disability Gamechanger
    Money owed from any benefits is disregarded from savings for 1 year.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Whatshallido
    I actually got the PIP letter today and it says i have been rewarded it. I'm going to the CAB about all of this when i can get there, because i want to discuss everything with them so i feel better. I will definitely be spending it though because i need a new mattress (springs stabbing me), a TV because mine is ancient/it flickers at me and my trainers too because mine are finished (all 3 pairs).

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.