NHS — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

NHS

Options
Margare93222061
Margare93222061 Community member Posts: 425 Pioneering
I do not think the government want the. NHS but will not come out and say so. Not every one can afford to go private for their medical needs. I do not feel the NHS a will be here for ever

Comments

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yeah I agree @Margare93222061, it's felt like they are trying to make it so we've no choice but to move to a paid system for some time!!
  • Margare93222061
    Options
    @Biblioklept it will be hard for the on low incomes but we will have to  see what happens Margaret 
  • michael57
    michael57 Community member Posts: 239 Pioneering
    Options
    @Biblioklept it will be hard for the on low incomes but we will have to  see what happens Margaret 
    ah but without the low paid to work and get there hands dirty the fat cats will suffer just as much in the long run like i have always said evolving rather than revolving  
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,726 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It would be political suicide for a Tory govt. to abolish or even make major changes to the NHS it is to deeply embedded into the UK way of living now.
    It doesn't look good with waiting list over 7.5 million but it has to be admitted that some of that is without doubt due to Covid and of course recent and current strikes haven't helped.

2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I could see many protests happening if they got rid of the NHS. I'll be there for sure. 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I don't think they'll just get rid but they'll privatise more and more of it until it's a paid-for system. It's already happened to many treatments and prescriptions and look at all the other ideas they've posed just these last few years alone. Paying for missed appointments. Paying for GP appointments if you earn over a certain amount. 
    They're purposely making it so bad that most people will feel paying a fiver to access services quicker and for a better service is worthwhile, and it'll slowly increase across what's paid for and what isn't. It's literally already happening. It's not just a sudden stop, it's a very slow privatisation. 

"In 2012 the Health and Care Act took away the Government's ultimate responsibility to provide an NHS for all. " I didn't see any protests

Around 22% of public health spending is actually spend on private sector organisations and trusts and not NHS. 
    https://keepournhspublic.com/privatisation/how-is-the-nhs-being-privatised/

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,726 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It is already a "paid for" system i.e via N.I. but its is free at point of use. my gut feeling is that is how it will stay for many more years.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Margare93222061
    Options
    Hi @Beaver79 I do hope your dog is ok take care Margaret 
  • Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 21,011 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thank you @Margare93222061 I have hand fed him some chicken. He is drinking a sleeping a lot so fingers crossed he will soon feel better. I hope you and Sooty are doing well. Take care.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.