INFO: Review timeline for Birmingham — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

INFO: Review timeline for Birmingham

MaaniMike
MaaniMike Community member Posts: 15 Connected
Hi all,

Just thought I'd post my review timeline so people are aware of ongoing review delays. I'm in Birmingham.

Renewal date was 03 February 2024
Renewal forms received 01 April 2023
Renewal forms returned 19 April 2023
DWP text every 3 months saying we are still looking at your review.
06 January 2024 - letter received saying extending PIP to 03 February 2025 as review isn't complete.

Am expecting my review maybe complete in next 2-8 months as typically taking 12-18 months in my area according to DWP contact centre but take that with a pinch of salt.

Hope this information helps someone and the lesson as always is be patient and keep yourself busy away from worrying the best you can.

Comments

• bobby123
    bobby123 Community member Posts: 180 Courageous
    I live near you.

I gave my review back in April got a letter today saying my pip is extended to February next year.

But I rang pip and they said my review is with the assessor and no longer In the queue, so I am guessing my review will be looked at soon
  • bobby123
    bobby123 Community member Posts: 180 Courageous
    MaaniMike said:
    Hi all,

Just thought I'd post my review timeline so people are aware of ongoing review delays. I'm in Birmingham.

Renewal date was 03 February 2024
    Renewal forms received 01 April 2023
    Renewal forms returned 19 April 2023
    DWP text every 3 months saying we are still looking at your review.
    06 January 2024 - letter received saying extending PIP to 03 February 2025 as review isn't complete.

Am expecting my review maybe complete in next 2-8 months as typically taking 12-18 months in my area according to DWP contact centre but take that with a pinch of salt.

Hope this information helps someone and the lesson as always is be patient and keep yourself busy away from worrying the best you can.

With your review are you expected to stay at the same rate or have you added stuff in your review so you expect to get more.

Also.did.you copy and paste what you wrote last time
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,385 Disability Gamechanger
    bobby123 said:

But I rang pip and they said my review is with the assessor and no longer In the queue, so I am guessing my review will be looked at soon
    It doesn't mean it will be looked at soon, it means it's with the assessor so could still take quite sometime before you hear anything else. 

The assessment report will need to be written first before your file can be returned to DWP and most people need an assessment before this can be written. If they do have enough of information to complete the report without an assessment then they will but that's rare.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • MaaniMike
    MaaniMike Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    bobby123 said:
    With your review are you expected to stay at the same rate or have you added stuff in your review so you expect to get more.

Also.did.you copy and paste what you wrote last time
    Hi @bobby123

I'm currently on standard daily living and enhanced mobility. I felt I qualified for enhanced on both when I originally applied but accepted my initial application wasn't as strong as it should have been as completed without the help of this forum.

When I completed my review I treated it like a brand new claim. I included some of the stuff which was relevant from my original form but really focused on the descriptors and giving examples of what happened the last time I tried each thing. I also included relevant evidence like consultant reports which clearly focused on the issues my disabilities are creating for me in everyday tasks.

I try not to have any expectations of what will or will not be decided as the decision making appears inconsistent at best. I tell myself I may need a tribunal to get the correct outcome which avoids anxiety and disappointment at the review and MR stage.

I am a civil servant myself and have people known to me at DWP and am aware of some of the reasons these issues are happening, primarily due to staff shortages and lack of detailed training due to huge backlogs across every department and work pressures to clear this backlog.

Certainly doesn't excuse anything but I know from my job, we are currently 42% under minimum resource yet are dealing with a 174% increase in workloads.

If I am fortunate to get the same award again it's likely I would accept this but am hopeful for an improved award.

Thanks

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.