ANGRY — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ANGRY

Options
66Mustang
66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,812 Disability Gamechanger
When's the last time you got properly angry, as in you could break something or someone or shout something out really loud.

I very very rarely get angry but my OCD sometimes makes me incredibly frustrated. When you have literally checked that something is clean for the hundredth time - not exaggerating - you just have to punch a wall or something.

Other than that I am pretty laid back and never get angry, these days I never ever get angry with another person, I last did that in my early teens --- which is a long time ago! :D

Comments

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh, yesterday :D I can get angry out of frustration and trying to back Christmas away was frustrating!! 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,400 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@66Mustang
    Im the same as you In being very laid back and there’s not much that gets me angry.
     I get more hurt than anything else if someone upsets me.  
    But push me to far and I can go mad 😠😂 it doesn’t happen very often. 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,726 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 6
    Options
    Our daughter had severe OCD as part of her anorexia at the age of 17 they put her on some meds for it and they worked a miracle with the OCD.

When did I last get angry?, at 1.29 a.m this morning when I got another text from the son asking yet again for money !! But I'm happy to say I rarely get that angry.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Threepetfam
    Threepetfam Community member Posts: 20 Courageous
    Options
    @woodbine
    do what I do switch my mobile off !
    or on silent 
    bless u thou
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,125 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The only time I ever got angry was when I was trying to find out more about our family's genetic disorder some 20 years ago. Myself, eldest daughter & son all met this genetic consultant after his senior registrar became out of her depth with the questions I was asking. He agreed to see us again, after requesting our youngest daughter's notes from Gt. Ormond St. In the meanwhile, I decided to do the same.
    When we all met up again, this consultant asked his registrar to take what I considered a pointless blood sample from me in an adjoining room. This proved correct, as he said he just wanted a word with my children, they later told me, essentially saying I was worrying over nothing.
    Meanwhile the registrar had taken a blood sample, & I asked her if they'd got my youngest daughter's notes. She told me they hadn't been able to get them, as such records were burnt after 10 years, to which I replied that that was strange as I was expecting them in the post.
    I found myself literally shaking with rage; the registrar dropped the blood sample as she was so flustered, saying she'd been told by the consultant to tell me what she then realised was a lie. It took some minutes before I could keep still so she could take another blood sample.
    When we went back to join my children, the consultant tried to quickly end any further discussion, & stood up. I asked him if it wasn't Chiari 1 Malformation that affected our family, then what did he think it was? When we were outside, my son said he'd really enjoyed the moment, as the consultant opened his mouth several times, but was speechless, & then walked out of the room. The poor registrar kept apologising saying she'd never seen him behave like that before. I ignored another appointment that we received about 3 months later.
  • Ada
    Ada Scope Member Posts: 14,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Is there a difference between being annoyed and being angry.

There are times when I wish I could get angry. Angry enough to want respect instead of just being useful to know. And being taken for granted. 
    But I have known anger violence sexual abuse and fear since a child. Right up to around twenty years ago. So I know how it feels to be that person who’s scared of someone. 
    So I never get angry. 
    To be honest Those who think they know best. Seem to believe that you become what you receive especially as a child. This is rubbish. I am not a abuser of any kind. For as long as I can remember I have been very laid back. Very calm. Loving and caring. Reflecting in my chosen work. 

I am no saint I can get annoyed and upset at news stories about abuse crime and war. And I become very protective ( Very ) towards those I love n care for. But angry enough to shout and scream punch etc. No Never. 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,563 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's rare for me to get angry and kick off, annoyed yes, I am tonight and have been since this afternoon. 
    It's good to have debates tho and disagreements. 
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,400 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@Sandy_123
    I hope your ok after whatever has annoyed you.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,726 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I agree @Ada about annoyed and angry, we have neighbours who are also friends problem is he seems to get all his news/views from LBC and GB news and he annoys me as he comes across sometimes like a facist.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.