Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Decision Maker Gone Against Assessor’s Report

Options
dani09uk
dani09uk Community member Posts: 8 Listener
So, I asked for my assessor’s report and was pleased to see that I was recommended to receive standard daily living and enhanced mobility. Today, I’ve received a letter from the decision maker and have been told that I’m not eligible for either. I knew this was a possibility, but how common is this?

I’m particularly annoyed by how much they’ve disregarded the effects of my tremor and the fact that I told them I’m under-medicated because I’m terrified of side effects (I had a terrible experience with a drug that was ultimately pulled from the market). There’s a huge difference between struggling to type on a laptop and wielding a sharp knife to cut things.

I guess I’m going to have to do an MR. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,092 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It’s quite rare for them to go against the report but it does happen. For the MR I’d advise you to put that in writing and not ring to request it.

You need to state where and why you think you should have scored those points. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,911 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @dani09uk, sorry to hear you didn't get the result you were looking for. As Poppy says, unfortunately while it's rare, they do sometimes go against the report which can be very frustrating. 

If you need any support with your MR be sure to ask, our members have so much invaluable knowledge and experience with these things. They're a lovely bunch :)
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • dani09uk
    dani09uk Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    Thanks Poppy and Rosie for the advice. I’m very disheartened at the minute, but I intend to pick myself up and fight the decision. 
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,911 Scope online community team
    Options
    It's horrible to have to deal with the setbacks on top of everything else, take care of yourself and tackle it when you feel ready :)

And as I said, please just shout if you have any worries or need advice for the next steps!
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.