Hi, my name is Biggy2020! Confused about PIP call, any advice? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Biggy2020! Confused about PIP call, any advice?

Biggy2020
Biggy2020 Community member Posts: 20 Listener
edited January 8 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi guys and gals 
Iv applied for pip twice now first time 0points now on second time 4points on both criteria go figure🤪 Iv just received a call from them not confirming or confirming that they have reached a decision so confused.com

Comments

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 1,618 Scope online community team
    Hi @Biggy2020, welcome to the community! PIP can be such a confusing process. What did they say in their latest call?

I'll pop your post over to our PIP section where our members with similar experiences can find it. Any questions, feel free to ask!
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Biggy2020
    Hi Rosie can’t really remember the hole conversation I actually don’t think it was pip now but dwp just saying theve not made a decision and might want more evidence but Iv gave all my evidence in already 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,180 Disability Gamechanger
    Sometimes they ring to ask some questions before making a decision. You mention this is the 2nd time you've applied. The first time you applied did you challenge that decision? If not was there any reason why?

Reapplying using the same evidence you previously used often sees another refusal. If the worst happens this time and you're refused again then i'd advise you to challenge the decision by first requesting the Mandatory Reconsideration. (MR) Then you can proceed to Tribunal if needed after the MR decision.

If it gets to the MR stage i'd advise you to post back here and someone will advise you further.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Biggy2020
    Hi poppy thanks for reply I got far as mandatory appeal got told no just gave up as couldn’t accept the rejection 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,180 Disability Gamechanger
    Most MR decisions remain the same. It’s just another formality you need to go through before you can appeal. Theres always more chance at Tribunal stage, assuming you either appear in person or have a telephone/video hearing. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Biggy2020
    Il get back in touch if I don’t succeed 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.