If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Slh2508! Is it worth me appealing through a tribunal or should I just leave it?

Options
Slh2508
Slh2508 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 9 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, I have been on this forum looking before hoping to get some advice now if possible please?
I applied for PIP August 2023, due to me suffering from MCTD (I have the following autoimmune diseases, Lupus, Sjoergens syndrome and Raynauds), and I have also been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I applied for PIP as working full time is getting more difficult for me, exhaustion, joint swelling, constant widespread pain, memory issues, in addition to also suffering with insomnia. The medication I am on suppresses my immune system so I am always unwell and the memory issues I am finding day to day life a struggle. 
I went for the face to face assessment, where they basically stated I work way more hours that I am contracted, I can walk with ease, I am able to communicate my medical conditions with ease etc, etc. 
they scored me zero points across the board. I then requested the reconsideration, which again they have agreed with the assessor and scored me zero. I outlined the inconsistencies from the report, and also stated how I feel daily and the struggle I have daily. I didn’t complete the physical assessment as the assessor stated she could clearly see I was in pain. This has been the first time that I have openly discussed my medical conditions, how I came to be diagnosed (which was through an incredibly traumatic experience) and I cried throughout the whole assessment as I felt someone understood. I was wrong I know now. I have gone through the consideration where they have upheld the decision. I don’t know if it worth me going to the tribunal stage of appeal I am physically and now because of this process, exhausted and just don’t know if it is worth it? I am feeling deflated where I have gone from feeling someone understands how I am struggling to feeling like I’m being made to be over exaggerating
Is it worth me appealing through a tribunal or should I just leave it?

im sorry for the rambling on I just feel as though I should just give up on this PIP as I don’t feel I am getting anywhere or believed that I am genuinely struggling with my medical conditions
thank you
Tagged:

Comments

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.