PIP Processing time — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Processing time

Options
andrewkuk
andrewkuk Scope Member Posts: 72 Courageous
Hi - Does anyone know the current approximate waiting time for PIP renewal and first time applications?

kind regards- Andrew

Comments

• Arthiritic1
    Arthiritic1 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    I’ve just had the pip medical assessment on phone .it’s supposed to be within 12 weeks from start to finish??

• andrewkuk
    andrewkuk Scope Member Posts: 72 Courageous
    Options
    Thank you for the information 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,860 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    PIP reviews are currently taking an extremely long time. Some are still waiting a year after returning their form. 

First time claims are quicker and potentially up to about 6 months from ringing to start a claim. 

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Arthiritic1
    Options
    I had already been medically assessed 8 weeks before for LWCRA and deemed unfit for work by DWP would this evidence be viable for my PIP claim also?
  • Arthiritic1
    Options
    This is a first time claim 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,860 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I had already been medically assessed 8 weeks before for LWCRA and deemed unfit for work by DWP would this evidence be viable for my PIP claim also?
    PIP and LCWRA are two completely different benefits. Claiming one doesn’t automatically entitle you to the other. As the decision letter for the WCA doesn’t go into any detail then no, it wouldn’t be helpful to send that. 

If you have the assessment report then you can send it but whether it will help will depend on exactly what information it gives. The evidence you send for your PIP should be relevant to exactly how your conditions affect you. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,759 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    LCWRA and PIP are two completely different unconnected benefits, you can work full time and claim PIP.
    renewals are taking unto 12 months from start to finish, new claims tend to be faster.

Hi Poppy how's the unpacking going ? found the kettle yet ?  :)
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Arthiritic1
    Options
    Thank you both for the heads up it’s all a bit of a minefield!!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.