Hi, working whilst on limited work n related activities — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, working whilst on limited work n related activities

sassybrams Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 16 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi I’m on limited work related pay with related activities due to my anxiety . I’ve been volunteering in a school to help try n over come my anxiety and they have offered me a job of 24 hours in a classroom . What benefits will I loose and can I accept the job I also have 2 children 


  • bookrabbit
    bookrabbit Community member Posts: 196 Pioneering
    You can work while on LCWRA. The point at which you start to lose benefits depends on whether you receive the housing element or not. If you do it is about £369 above which you lose 55p for every pound above that that you earn. The higher disregard is over £600 if you don't get the housing element.

    Well done coping and getting the job offer:)
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,242 Disability Gamechanger
    The work allowance is £379/month if you claim for help with the rent or £631/month if you don’t. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/work-allowance-universal-credit

    If you start working you must report a change of circumstances by logging into your journal, if you have access to one and tell them you’re working. 

    You can use a benefits calculator to see what your entitlement will be based on the earnings you receive each month. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/benefits-calculator
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,240 Scope online community team
    Hi @sassybrams, that sounds great, congratulations on being offered a job. Looks like our members have already offered some advice, but I just wanted to pop in to say hello and welcome.

    After you've reported a change to Universal Credit to say you're now employed, what usually happens is that your employer will report your wages to them each month. As others have mentioned above, UC then adjust your payment depending on your earnings, and you'll be able to see how much they've taken off your entitlement on your statement. 

    I'll pop your post over to our UC section in case you have any further questions about anything. I hope that's okay. Good luck with the job if you decide to take it :)
    Rosie (she/her)

    Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.