warm house payment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

warm house payment

Options
Taylornoreen63
Taylornoreen63 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
how do you find out if Entitled to the warm house payment 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,573 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Do you mean the Warm Home Discount? If so and you’re living in either England or Wales if you’re entitled then you will automatically receive it in your energy account or as vouchers if prepayment meter. You can check here https://www.gov.uk/check-if-youre-eligible-for-warm-home-discount

If you live in Scotland then you will need to apply for it. Though you maybe a little too late now. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Taylornoreen63
    Taylornoreen63 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    Options
    Thank you poppy 123456.
    Yes I live in England the reason I ask is because I read somewhere that we should have been sent a letter regarding this but I've not received any letter. 
    Kind regards Noreen Taylor 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,573 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Since they changed the rules 2 years ago, not everyone will be entitled to it. It's not just benefits that entitle you to it. It will be the age and size of the property you live in. If you live in a flat or a newer house then there will be less chance of you being entitled.

If you haven't received the letter then the chances are that you're not entitled but you can use the link i posted above and check yourself, if you know the details of the property you live in.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.