What does body lagunge mean to some men? Some men look at me while I do it, and some men don't know — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What does body lagunge mean to some men? Some men look at me while I do it, and some men don't know

Options
Splatmate24
Splatmate24 Community member Posts: 380 Courageous
Dating in rl is more harder to do. It is not like the old days when you met people in pubs or night clubs. I been to some disco and some social events for learning disability in modern ages and it was just impossible to get men to talk and they only looked at me when I did do body language. I had the same problem with RL dating and dating online dating. I can talk to men that I met one time on a train. Other times I find it awkward to do body language and to smile more. I don't really like loud music but that is the only way to meet more men. Even if I don't like it. I used to be okay and used to always talk to men in RL in college. What can I do to get better at RL dating or just stick with online dating? I come off as shy to most people.

Comments

• edshyrest
    edshyrest Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Real-life dating can be intimidating, especially in loud environments. Try exploring quieter social settings where you feel more comfortable, like book clubs, community events, or hobby groups. These can offer a more relaxed atmosphere to interact. Remember, it's okay to be shy; focus on making small talk about shared interests to gradually build your confidence. Balancing online and real-life dating can also widen your opportunities. Most importantly, be yourself and engage in settings where you can genuinely connect with others.
  • Splatmate24
    edited January 23
    Options
    @edshyrest I don’t read a books part from only one book but I’d about different type of birds . I have been going to social events for learning disabilities and seem to be only pubs or disco and raves are only option at moment. Yep I had tried a youth club but some of the men there already has girlfriend. 
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,280 Scope online community team
    Options
    It's not always a bad thing to be shy @Splatmate24 :)

Do you have any friends you can talk about dating with? Perhaps you could as them for tips, or practice having conversations with them to help you feel more comfortable when you meet men in real life. 
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Splatmate24
    edited January 23
    Options
    Rosie_Scope i don't have many friends or friends that are single but just got friends that has girlfriends but i don' think is appropriate to ask a person that already got girlfriend to get how to get boyfriend and some friends that i did ask through college said didn't know anyone single that is a men and i even went ask one of my ex boyfriend that was a cheater to see if knew anyone single but no ask me out to be his girlfriend and i said no . because he was a cheater . this was from rl in college .talking about dating with girls has cause be more drama and did used to go after the men that i had been in previous relationship with . to used to my trust to temp them to cheated on me when some ex boyfriends from college and they were successful

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.