When does it become a “failure” to make reasonable adjustments?

2»

Comments

• Dempseym
    Dempseym Community member Posts: 32 Contributor
    No support whatsoever, the police refuse me a service aid and abet the accused and encouraged VS to not support me anymore.  That is how corrupt this gets.  The council is also involved caught on CCTV aiding and abetting their known offending council tenant.  NWP refuse to log and investigate the crime. 
  • eeL
    eeL Community member Posts: 43 Contributor
    Cammatia1 I had this scenario years ago and the Union told me 'Never take the first offer' - seemed like a dangerous game to me but their advice paid off! I hope you get some good advice and support and wish you a happy and peaceful conclusion❤
  • Dempseym
    I don't have support.  I cannot raise any criminal incidents as North Wales Police are aiding and abetting the perpetrators as are the council.  I have suffered the torture of social isolation for over a year since the council refused to provide an EFFECTIVE reasonable adjustment. There is no "good" advice, and no one helps, so I cannot see a resolution as no-one will support me.  
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,905 Championing
    @Dempseym Can you go to the chief whip of that councils MP? 
  • Dempseym
    No, because the MP does nothing and they all cover each other's backs.  I am left to suffer the harassment of a known offending council tenant and have been denied a service by North Wales Police and the Council who are fraudulently billing me for a service that they refuse to deliver.  They are also billing for a corrupt police service that aids and abets the crimes of residents. 

• Cammatia1
    Cammatia1 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Hello 

it’s been a while since I came to this website and I’m grateful for all of the comments received.

i thought I would update on the situation in case anyone has any further comments.

I started Early Conciliation, which had to end because my employer was not complying. They said they would not discuss anything until the grievance was finished, but they strung out the grievance and so Early Conciliation could not happen. After nagging them over and over again I finally received the outcome that my grievance was partially upheld.

I’m appealing some parts of the outcome that weren’t upheld, but a massive win is that the parts that were upheld were about discrimination. I even named discrimination in that part of my grievance, so I’m shocked it was upheld.

i am currently sorting out my particulars of claim to go to tribunal on this case. I think this outcome will be massive leverage given the contents :)
  • MW123
    MW123 Scope Member Posts: 752 Championing
    @Cammatia1

It's encouraging to hear about the progress you're making in your case, despite the challenges you've faced. The fact that certain aspects of your discrimination complaint have been validated is significant and could strengthen your position as you prepare for the tribunal.

It would be beneficial to clearly outline how the discrimination has impacted you and ensure that all legal requirements for discrimination claims are thoroughly addressed. Also, remember the importance of meeting all relevant deadlines and adhering to procedural rules for the tribunal, as neglecting these could affect the outcome of your case.

As you prepare for the tribunal, it's important to stay open to the possibility of your employer seeking a settlement before it escalates to tribunal proceedings. Your employer may prefer to settle beforehand due to factors such as costs, risks, and potential impacts. Thank you for updating us wishing you all the best.