pip coc tribunal. Will the judge contact me to ask if I want to withdraw if points would be lowered? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip coc tribunal. Will the judge contact me to ask if I want to withdraw if points would be lowered?

Options
Emilyc90
Emilyc90 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
edited January 21 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello, I done a change of circumstances. Points were kept the same but was awarded for a further 2 years. I then done a mr but it stayed the same. I am going to appeal to tribunal, just waiting for some more evidence to send. I have been told if there is a chance your award is lowered or will stay the same the judge will contact you to give you a chance to withdraw your appeal. Is this true? Thanks 

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,322 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @Emilyc90, I hope you're doing ok today?

There's always a chance your award can be lowered as well as raised, but the current success rate for tribunals is 68%, so positive outcomes tend to happen in tribunals.  I'm not 100% on if a judge would contact you to ask if you want to withdraw though, that's not something I've come across before. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,395 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If they consider removing any points that could affect a current award they will contact you before doing so. This will either be before the hearing and they will write to you. Or on the day of the hearing. They will then adjourn the hearing for you to go away and decide what you would like to do. If you decide to cancel the appeal, you can do this and your existing award will just continue as normal.

They do not warn you if your award is likely to remain the same.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Emilyc90
    Options
    Hello, just an update. The day after dwp were meant to respond to my tribunal, i had a phone call from dwp to ask me a few questions. They changed their decision to award me
    enhanced mobility ( i was already receiving enhanced care and standard mobility. Thanks for your help. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,395 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's great news!
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    YEY!!!!! Great news @Emilyc90!! <3
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,322 Scope online community team
    Options
    That's brilliant news @Emilyc90, I'm so happy for you! 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@Emilyc90
    Oh that’s amazing news and it will be a massive relief for you not having to go to tribunal.
    Now you can relax.

❤️
  • Emilyc90
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone ❤️

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.