ESA /savings — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA /savings

Options
ste_r
ste_r Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hi all, is esa support group affected by savings?
I was on contribution/new style esa before support group 
Is support group still classed as same as claim?

many thanks

Comments

• ste_r
    Options
    Should of added don’t have savings yet, in a few months my partner will be receiving a large sum from work, hence the question 
    thanks
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,573 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 21
    Options
    It's nothing to do with being in the Support Group. It will be the type of ESA that you're claiming that could be affected by capital. As it's New style ESA you're claiming then this is a contributions based benefit only and isn't affected by savings/capital. The only thing that affects it is a pension of more than £85/week.

If you're claiming Universal Credit as well as ESA then the UC is affected by savings/capital. For every £250 or part thereof over £6,000 there's a £4.35/month deduction. For anything over £16,000 then UC will end.

If you're claiming Council Tax reduction then this is affected. Some local Authorities have a maximum savings limit of £6,000 before entitlement ends.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ste_r
    Options
    Many thanks
    similar to what I read, know uc will stop, was unsure on esa type/support group

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.