Hi, my name is arsenal1971! Looking for life insurance for my son with CP, any tips? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is arsenal1971! Looking for life insurance for my son with CP, any tips?

Options
arsenal1971
arsenal1971 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited January 23 in Cerebral palsy
My son George suffers from cp . Recently we have been trying to get him life insurance and are finding it difficult, could anyone point us in the right direction 

Comments

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,280 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @arsenal1971, welcome to the community. We have some lovely members with CP who I'm sure will be happy to help you and your son find a way forward. I'll move your post over to our CP category so they can find your post more easily and share their experiences. 

I'll also tag our CP lead, @Richard_Scope in case he's got any useful tips :)

Welcome again, I hope you'll find the community useful!
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • JustPete
    JustPete Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 303 Pioneering
    Options
    Firstly, welcome to this VERY Arsenal friendly community! I'm presuming George is is named after Charlie?

I'm not great on this subject, but could not pass your Double-Winning username.

If nobody can assist you on here (but I have a strong feeling they will), try this link:

www.the-insurance-surgery.co.uk/medical-conditions-life-insurance/cerebral-palsy-life-insurance/

There is a chat facility on the website also.

Failing that, I have found Irwin Mitchell law firm to be great advisors: www.irwinmitchell.com/contact-us

All the best with George (and of course this season)

Pete
    I am a Scope Community Volunteer Adviser with knowledge of "life"!  Lived experience including employing personal assistants, being gay, sport & leisure inclusion & participation, mental health issues.  

What is the bravest thing you've ever said? asked the boy. 'Help,' said the horse.  'Asking for help isn't giving up,' said the horse. 'It's refusing to give up.”
  • arsenal1971
    Options
    From one Pete to another thank you for the info and will check them out
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,673 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Often life insurance with pre-existing conditions can be expensive and a better option could be to save a monthly amount, a lot of course will depend on his age.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• arsenal1971
    Options
    That is something we have thought about as well, thanks for the tip 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.