Medical forms — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Medical forms

Options
Woodcock21
Woodcock21 Community member Posts: 46 Connected
Realised after reading other peoples comments & CAB hubby has filled his medical forms for ESA in incorrectly.
Think he should of written upto A 50m instead of varies.
Basically answered/ticked wrong box. 

What do we do.? ?

He doesn't walk far . Selected various and wrote  "some days I do nothing, I Can walk up to 20m  with sticks, on longer distances I use a wheelchair but this has to lifted in and out of the house and car because of arthritis in my shoulders and arms. I can use crutches when I  have no leg but I've been advised not to '

What he meant was he can't walk far because of the pain in both legs ( ones amputated and other has arthritis) he uses a wheelchair on longer distances meaning I push him in his wheelchair if it's the length of our cul du sac for example. He can't propel himself other than around the house for the pain in his shoulders. 

He also forgot to say he can't stand for more than 5mins because of the pain in both legs. Or that He can sit in an armchair but continuously fidgets because his legs and feet hurt. And he can't sit at a table long enough to eat a meal without constant pain. 

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.