PIP Tribunal-just received my pack! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Tribunal-just received my pack!

Options
sticks72
sticks72 Community member Posts: 27 Connected
Hi everyone,
I have taken the DWP to tribunal for refusal to renew my PIP award after video consultation and MR. 
Today I received my pack which is about an inch thick!
can anyone give me any advice as what to do now….
i haven’t had a date yet but I am finding it all very overwhelming. 
I can’t believe what I am reading from the healthcare professional that I had for my video assessment. 
I’m at my wits end. 
Any advice would be so welcome. 
Thank you. 

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,439 Scope online community team
    Options
    Heya @sticks72 I'm sorry to hear things are a bit overwhelming for you, I can totally empathise! 
    The best thing to do is have a read through the report and make notes of where the errors lie, what they are and what the actual reason is. I find marking the pages with little post-its really helps there. 

The waiting really is the worst part, the tribunal itself will be so much different than the assessment so please try not to worry.  We're all here to offer support when you need it. :)
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • sticks72
    Options
    Thanks Albus, 
    I will start to go through it and make notes and try to formulate them into some kind of statement. I’ve read that it’s best to do that and then send a copy to them before hand. 
    Hopefully common sense will prevail 🤞
    thanks again! 
  • sticks72
    Options
    Heya @sticks72 I'm sorry to hear things are a bit overwhelming for you, I can totally empathise! 
    The best thing to do is have a read through the report and make notes of where the errors lie, what they are and what the actual reason is. I find marking the pages with little post-its really helps there. 

The waiting really is the worst part, the tribunal itself will be so much different than the assessment so please try not to worry.  We're all here to offer support when you need it. :)
    Hi Albus,
    sorry to bother you,
    I’ve been doing as you say, going through mainly the notes from the assessment and I’m noticing most of what I need to correct is mostly in my MR. 
    There are some errors and some blatant BS, so do I just basically re write my MR as my statement and then send that through as evidence?
    thanks, Sticks. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.