Claim closed - Mandatory reconsideration — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Claim closed - Mandatory reconsideration

Options
Grace90
Grace90 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi all. 

If anyone has experience on similar id be very grateful for advice, On Saturday 6th of January I logged into our universal credit claim(of 5 years) to see that it had been closed due to failure to accept commitments. The claim is joint for myself partner and daughter. 

Partner works 25 hours a week, I care for our disabled daughter so we receive extra elements. There has been no change in our situation. 

It seems UC sent an email to my partner on the 10th Dec to log in and accept commitments(usually a tick box thing) however 9th December himself and our daughter were both taken to hospital as both very poorly. December was a write off. 

I called UC they advised to start a new claim but put in for an MR, which we did on the journal. I believe we should not have lost out on januarys payment which was due on the 16th and has now left us in a bad financial situation. MR has been submitted, wondering how likely it is they will pay back or is there no chance? 

Thanks in advance

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,730 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Given the circumstances you would think so, let us know how you get on.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,439 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @Grace90 and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear about your partner and daughter, I hope they're ok now?

With regard to the MR, they may backpay it to the date the MR started, but I can't be 100% on that I'm afraid.  Hopefully someone will be able to clarify things for you soon. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.