Mandatory Reconsideration — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mandatory Reconsideration

HealthyUnicorn
HealthyUnicorn Community member Posts: 38 Connected
I am just wondering, if someone has an existing claim, followed by completing a change of circumstances process including another assessment, once a decision is made in the award and the award is increased from the existing claim when then seeking a MR, will one be paid on the existing rates or the increased award rates?

Comments

• HealthyUnicorn
    Also, I’m curious, is worth going through MR so I can enhances rate on both daily living and mobility component? At present, if the decision makers agree I have got standard for daily living and enhances for mobility. In the daily living section, the assessor has consistently disregarded my fatigue as I don’t have a diagnosis of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I live with fatigue as a result of unresolved symptom from the hypothyroidism still, and a few months ago I have an ESA assessor reports that have me the highest amount of ESA due to my fatigue as demonstrated in their report. I feel I could just use the ESA itself to prove my fatigue is real and is symptom of hypothyroidism. 

Silly really! Why would anyone need a seperate diagnosis of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome when fatigued is a known symptom of the condition you are claiming for?! 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,133 Disability Gamechanger
    Any new decision made will overrule you current award. This means that if you request the MR your new payments will continue while you wait for the decision. 

Regarding your diagnosis. PIP isn't about a diagnosis. Whether it's possible to score enough points for Enhanced daily living will totally depend on how exactly your conditions affect you.

For the LCWRA award, you weren't awarded it because of any diagnosis. You were awarded because of the way your health conditions affect your ability to work and one of the descriptors applied to you.

PIP and LCWRA are 2 completely different benefits, with totally different criteria.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • HealthyUnicorn
    What does a Mandatory Consideration involve exactly?
  • poppy123456
    A different decision maker will look at your claim again and make another decision. MR decisions mostly remain the same for PIP and only about 23% of them change at this stage. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/appeals/mandatory-reconsideration-pip/
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • HealthyUnicorn
    A different decision maker will look at your claim again and make another decision. MR decisions mostly remain the same for PIP and only about 23% of them change at this stage. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/appeals/mandatory-reconsideration-pip/
    Thank you. I was more interested in the process involved. I’ve seen the CAB website on it previously and I am nine the wiser of what it involves such as if someone is assessed again and how long it takes or what you get paid while you request a mandatory reconsideration.
  • poppy123456
    Any current award you have will continue while you wait for the decision. You don't need another assessment as it's exactly how I advised above. Timescales for decisions are up to 12 weeks. 

The most likely outcome will be the decision remains the same as only about 23% of them change at this stage. More chance of success at Tribunal, assuming you either appear in person or have a telephone/video hearing and then it's about 68% success rate. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.