Hi, my name is jojo1987! Awarded LCWRA, will i be due any back money? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is jojo1987! Awarded LCWRA, will i be due any back money?

Options
jojo1987
jojo1987 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited January 26 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi ive just had my wca assesment decision back and have been found to have Lcwra, i put my sick note in on the 3rd sept with no gaps and was given the decision today i usually get paid on the 12th of the month will i be due any back money? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,439 Scope online community team
    Options
    Heya @jojo1987, welcome to the community. :) 

Congratulations on your LCWRA award!  I believe you'll start receiving your LCWRA pay from the 4th payment cycle.  If you're due any backpay, that will go in separately and they will advise you on your journal.  
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • jojo1987
    Options
    Aww thank you so much for your reply what does the 4th payment cycle mean?  
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,439 Scope online community team
    Options
    Basically it'll be your 4th UC payment date from when the first sick note was handed in. I'm not an expert on how the dates work, but I'm sure one of our super informed regulars will be able to clarify soon. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • jojo1987
    Options
    Thank you so much fpr your info i think i get it now as you leave the first 3 months out thanks you
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,724 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Your waiting period will be Sept to Dec… LCWRA element starts from 6th Dec to 5th Jan and first payment will be 12th Jan. This means up to now they owe you 1 months LCWRA element. 

Money owed will be paid separately to your usual monthly money and often takes quite a few weeks to pay it. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.