Have (possible) extra info, after posting... any experience? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Have (possible) extra info, after posting... any experience?

Options
SonOfYorick
SonOfYorick Community member Posts: 23 Listener
Realised I should have maybe mentioned how my brain makes driving an impossibility, given that I work mostly in manual labour and a lot of jobs there call for drivers.

Now I got a text today saying my statement will be getting the mandatory reconsideration treatment by 7th Feb. 

Is it worth me calling up to make a verbal statement regarding how my ADHD makes me a danger at 4mph on two legs, and that it impedes my ability to accept certain temp jobs?

and will this, at the state I am now, mean a delay?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,395 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    PIP isn’t about your ability to work. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • SonOfYorick
    Options
    should would it be worth pointing it out in context of stopping me having any general access to driving , never mind work ?
  • TheManFromLondon
    TheManFromLondon Community member Posts: 226 Pioneering
    edited January 30
    Options
    should would it be worth pointing it out in context of stopping me having any general access to driving , never mind work ?
    Thats the point of PIP, how your disability affects you, and you alone, So the answer is yes. But it is also important if your disability prevents you from working, because it affects your ability to achieve self actualisation, and as a consequence be separated from social life, having goals in life, being motivated, having stable and meaningful relationships etc

So tell them all, driving, work etc, everything affected from your disability.

With all that said, if not already, explore Universal Credit and LCWRA.
  • SonOfYorick
    Options
    It’s at the point now where I’m writing my letter requesting a tribunal. 

Is the driving and work stuff worth mentioning at this late stage ?

Having spoken to two very experienced veterans of DWP stuff, on the decision of 
    do I go for one short see you in court , or a lengthy request plus complaint, 
    Ive gone for the 3 pages of surgical takedown and reiteration, but I’ve stuck specifically to things I’ve already mentioned , which doesn’t include driving  
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,395 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It’s at the point now where I’m writing my letter requesting a tribunal. 

Is the driving and work stuff worth mentioning at this late stage ?

Having spoken to two very experienced veterans of DWP stuff, on the decision of 
    do I go for one short see you in court , or a lengthy request plus complaint, 
    Ive gone for the 3 pages of surgical takedown and reiteration, but I’ve stuck specifically to things I’ve already mentioned , which doesn’t include driving  
    That will depend on what information you have already given. Less is often more, especially with medical evidence. Sending multiple pieces of evidence all saying the same thing isn’t helpful. 

Are the “experienced veterans” those that help with the original PIP2 form? 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • SonOfYorick
    Options
    Yeah. One is on benefits (degenerative illness) annd has worked for the CAB , and helped 50+ people get on / keep heir benefits
     and the other has been the advocate / representative of his partner for a decade or two who has deep rooted mental health issues. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.