Unsure if I should apply for pip? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Unsure if I should apply for pip?

spicygal420
spicygal420 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi a friend of a family member passed on information claiming ishould be on pip. I'm unsure exactly what the process is and how I apply - If I even do apply. I'm currently on LCWRA, due to mental health issues and at the moment it's looking long term. I've actually ended up with gallstones due to the stress of my LCWRA process and am waiting surgery I barely leave the house and my boyfriend helps me out alot more than I'd like him to. I don't have a workcoach anymore and am unsure about the whole thing, thanks in advance to anyone.

Does anyone have any advice on if I should or who I speak to ? Thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,229 Disability Gamechanger
    PIP isn’t awarded based on any diagnosis. What they look at is how your conditions affect you against the 12 PIP activities. 

Being found to have LCWRA doesn’t mean you’re automatically entitled to PIP.

It wouldn’t be possible for anyone here to tell you whether there’s any entitlement between we don’t know how your conditions affect you. 

Have a read through this link and it will help you have a little more understanding of the descriptors and what they mean. This will also help if you decide to go ahead with a claim. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/personal-independence-payment-assessment-guide-for-assessment-providers/pip-assessment-guide-part-2-the-assessment-criteria#daily-living-activities
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 1,618 Scope online community team
    Hi @spicygal420, Poppy's given some good advice already. If you have a read through the descriptors and see if you think you might score some points, that might be a good place to start. It'll all be down to your conditions and how they affect you in your daily life.

Without wanting to frighten you, PIP can be quite a stressful process for some people to cope with, so that's just something to bear in mind. But if you're feeling up to it and the extra money would help you feel more secure, it's worth a try. We are here if you need any help, are feeling worried about it, or have any more questions :)
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.