"Can you handle your own affairs?" — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

"Can you handle your own affairs?"

Pan Community member Posts: 4 Connected
Hello, I got a letter from PIP today asking about my pre settled status.

Then the last question I got confused by. "Can you handle your own affairs? If not what condition do you have?".

I am unsure how to answer those, my spouse supports me with my decision and sorting out bills and paperwork etc. but that's still me managing but with support?

Should I perhaps write "Yes, due to support received"? And leave the condition bit blank?


  • Wibbles
    Wibbles Community member Posts: 1,552 Pioneering
    Do not leave it blank - I would say "NO"
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,446 Disability Gamechanger
    If you need support to manage your finances then you should put no because if you could manage them you wouldn't need support. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.