What would you bring back? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What would you bring back?

Options
Rosie_Scope
Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,404 Scope online community team
I saw an article the other day that said Woolworths might be coming back to the high street. There's no firm plans, but after my beloved Wilko was taken away from me, I'd be happy to see some version of Woolies coming back to take its place. 

So that got me thinking. What discontinued item or closed-down shop would you bring back and why? It doesn't have to be from your childhood, just anything you miss and would bring back. Sweets, chocs, clothing, shops, anything!

I grew up in the 90s, and at one point there was a whole range of Willy Wonka themed sweets and chocolates. My favourites were Fizzy Jerks. They were kind of fizzy tasting sweets but hard-boiled and came in different flavours. I'd bring those back in an instant!

What would you bring back?
Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Comments

• AndyGT
    AndyGT Community member Posts: 736 Pioneering
    Options
    Way back when I was a lot younger than I am now I can remember the local  BHS had a coffee shop and a small sweet section....

That is what I would bring back.... On a Saturday morning I my Mum and Dad would always take in there for a cup of tea and cake and then a few pick and mix on the way out.   Making route for the local market to buy something from the butchers and also  box of broken biscuits.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,724 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There is definitely a space for Woolies in the High st. but is there any High st. left for them ?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,404 Scope online community team
    Options
    Sounds like a nice memory @AndyGT

True, @woodbine! It's a shame watching the highstreets struggle. 

Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Ada
    Ada Scope Member Posts: 14,941 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I honestly can’t think of any. Don’t have any fond memories etc. So I say what I am glad has gone. In our valley we had a pet shop that sold pets. Kittens puppies etc. And I was so glad when the authorities closed them down. After many complaints re their care 
  • noman
    noman Community member Posts: 588 Pioneering
    Options
    Green Shield stamp shop!

Anyone remember them?

• JessieJ
    JessieJ Community member Posts: 516 Pioneering
    Options
    I'd like to see high streets go back to how they were, with actual stores not loads of charity shops or empty premises. Of course, Woolies, as well as C&A, Debenhams, BHS, Athena, the Gadget Shop.... I'm sure there are more, yes, just thought, Littlewoods, Dotty Ps. Yes, some you can still buy from online but that's not the same as having a mooch & feel.
  • AndyGT
    AndyGT Community member Posts: 736 Pioneering
    Options
    Not quite a shop but a decent out doors market...
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I miss dotty ps @JessieJ it's not the same on line and been a favourite shop of mine for many years.  I liked BHS too especially there xmas novelty gifts. 
  • MW123
    MW123 Scope Member Posts: 493 Pioneering
    Options
    Anyone remember Chelsea Girl? all the girls I knew used to shop there, thinking we were at the height of fashion. We also frequented Faith shoe shop and adorned ourselves with those absurdly high platform shoes and wooden wedge summer sandals. Maybe they could reintroduce Chelsea Granny for their loyal early customers.
  • THE_DUDE
    THE_DUDE Community member Posts: 208 Pioneering
    Options
    Milky bar choo. I used to get them all the time.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.