Housing benefit and non dependent deductions — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Housing benefit and non dependent deductions

Options
Denbat_07
Denbat_07 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hi
I receive uc with lcwra. My daughter lives with me and I get £83 taken off for non dependent deductions. 
I recently had a pip assessment and asked for a copy of the report. Iv totalled the boxes ticked and it's adding up to 9 for the daily living part. I know this us only a guide as it's up to the decision maker. My question is, if I do receive pip, will I still have the non dependent deductions taken off UC? I just read in a post on another forum someone asking this and the answers were all different. 
Just wondered if anyone on here knew
Thank you 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,626 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    For the avoidance of doubt, when claiming UC you would only be claiming housing benefit if you're either living in supported or temporary housing. Otherwise your rent will be paid in with your UC known as housing element. Two completely different benefits. 

If you're awarded daily living PIP there will be no non dependent deductions from your UC. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/non-dependants If you've been affected by this since you claimed PIP then you will be owed some money from the assessment period in which your PIP claim started. You will need to make sure you inform them about your PIP (if awarded)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Denbat_07
    Options
    Thank you for your reply,   very helpful 

• Denbat_07
    Options
    I received a text this morning saying iv been awarded pip. 
    I was just wondering, when I inform UC of the award, could it possibly trigger a reassessment for lcwra? Might seem a silly question I know 🤔. It's just that It's up for review in March as I got it for 18 months.  Or is there still a backlog with the reassessment? Sorry if it sounds like a silly question .......
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,626 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No, it will not prompt another review. LCWRA is an ongoing award until a new decision says otherwise. Timescales they give are just a guide and doesn't mean you'll be reviewed at that time. In fact, I'd say the likelihood of being reviewed in March is very slim. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,408 Scope online community team
    Options
    Congratulations on your award @Denbat_07 that's great news! 

I'm not 100% on the answer to your question, so I'll leave it to the experts to reply. ;) 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Denbat_07
    Options
    Thank you @poppy123456
    And albus 😊

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.