Universal credit — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Universal credit

Options
neil12345
neil12345 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited January 28 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi im currently on universal credit receiving work support group eliment.  Will savings effect this eliment?  I am aware of my housing and standard universal credit will stop if savings go £16.000. But unsure about work support group?  

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,149 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    UC is one benefit made up of many different elements and all of it is means tested. If you have savings of more than £16,000 then entitlement to all UC will end. There's a £4.35/month deduction for every £250 or part thereof over £6,000. 

If you're claiming council tax reduction then all local authorities have their own rules and some have a maximum savings limit of £6,000 before entitlement ends. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lisarose
    lisarose Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    Hi can someone please give me advice . 
    I was awarded lcwra on the 19 September 2023. My first payment of 390 will be on the 10 February 2024 , will I be intited to any back pay . ? I ask on my journal but no one ever reply’s. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    lisarose said:
    Hi can someone please give me advice . 
    I was awarded lcwra on the 19 September 2023. My first payment of 390 will be on the 10 February 2024 , will I be intited to any back pay . ? I ask on my journal but no one ever reply’s. 
    More information is needed to be able to advise.

What date exactly did you report your health condition/provide your first fit note?

Where there any gaps in your fit notes? 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • lisarose
    Options
    My first sick note was the August 10th and no gaps 
    thank you 
  • lisarose
    Options

Hello Lisa,
    you were awarded LCWRA on the 	19 September 2023, you have to serve 91days waiting period, this means that this extra payment will be paid to you in the full assessment period following the 91days 

• lisarose
    Options
    That is the message I just receive but I don’t understand it 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    @lisarose if your payment date it 10th of every month this means your assessment periods are 4th to 3rd of every month.

Your waiting period is Oct/Nov, Nov/Dec, Dec/Jan… LCWRA starts from AP 4th Jan to 3rd Feb and first payment is 10th Feb. No LCWRA element is owed

Its not paid at all during the waiting period. Which is 3 full assessment periods. It’s then paid from the 4th month, with first payment being the end of that month. 
  • lisarose
    Options
    Thank you for explaining to me 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.